Wednesday, May 21, 2008

New beginnings are always the Best…

So here it is. I’ve finally began writing my blog. Although I’ve only recently considered keeping my life to date through the wonderful world of blogging the concept is not new to me. While in Norway my friends attempted to convince me that blogging was the way to go. Despite their efforts I never gave in (well until now that is).

I hope this blog will be used to express my thoughts, experiences, and share my sometimes ordinary life with others. This summer I hope to challenge myself in new ways, and perhaps this blog will be a good means to document that change.

So first off here is a list, which I will be periodically updating, of the things I would like to accomplish this summer: this list does not include the adventures I will be having in Europe fairly soon….

1. Watch 18 classic movies
2. Read 6 novels of classic children’s literature
3. Begin writing a children’s short story or novel
4. Brainstorm screen play
5. Spend more quality time with my family
6. Invest in the lives of others
7. Visit my grandparents on a regular basis
8. Keep my creative journal up to date
9. Spend ample amounts of time perfecting my journal/photo album project
10. Learn to do the unexpected
11. Learn to take chances
12. Show others that I appreciate them in a more tangible manner
13. Spend the time I need, not just am ok with, in the Bible
14. Prayer journal. Also pray for others
15. Learn to love life to the fullest**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're pretty stinking neat.

andrea. said...

this is such a wonderful idea.

and i think i may steal #14...

helina said...

Nice :)
Welcome to the world of bloggers!
I really hope to meet you on your adventures in Europe. I'll be in Norway most of the summer.

Lyndee said...

well katie. i can help you with a few on your list. live life to the fullest and maybe a couple classic movies while you're in norway? gleder meg aa se deg!