Thursday, May 29, 2008

True Blessings...

Though I could recount this experience in a detailed explanation I’ve decided to keep it short and sweet. Tuesday’s events…

My morning was rather average until, while on my way to Nampa, I stopped by my church. A film crew was taping short clips for a type of visual guide that pastors can use in their sermons. My pastor knew my interest in film so he introduced me to the producer and director of the project. Although I most likely won’t have contact with them in the near future I still believe our meeting was by no accident. In the film business, even on a small scale, connections are needed. They now have a name to a face; and I wouldn’t turn down the opportunity if my pastor was asked to suggest college students.

I then went to Nampa to visit Becca for the first time since school was let out. I never realize how much I miss friends until I am there visiting with them. I so easily become complacent with the mundane activities I complete throughout the day. Spending even a few short hours with her reminded me how much I appreciate friends.

Becca and I later fed our shopaholic natures at Brass Razoo, proudly enough I didn’t purchase anything. While at the store I ran into an old friend that I had met a few years prior at a woman’s conference. After discussing the past years events she told me of her new business venture. The business will be a small boutique in which she not only sells apparel, but also teaches garment design and production. Amazingly enough Tammy is planning to offer a Bible Study out of the store once a week, and hopes to focus her efforts on the encouragement of young women’s self-esteem. After discussing my summer plans she “offered” me a job at her store. This meeting was so remarkable for the very reason that for the past month I have specifically been praying for a female mentor, creative encouragement, and a way to learn more in the area of fashion. In one short unexpected meeting God proved Himself to be a remarkable provider once again. Although the job is not 100% mine I can still be grateful for the surprising events that took place. To me this day was perfect in that I was able to see God in every way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

katie...this is an amazing thing! both things actually!
God's funny and wonderful sometimes isn't he?
sweeeeet girl!

Meet the Bucher's said...

Kate, I know God has such amazing plans for you! I can't wait to see what he's going to do in your life, thanks for being an example of willingness to serve Him!!! Love ya!
Shaant

Becca said...

wonderful!
I love you very much!